Saturday, January 21, 2012
Reading
Garrett, the kid who refused to recite the alphabet this summer and didn't know how to count to 20, is now reading!! Hats off to Ms MiMi, she knows what she's doing. He now counts to 100, it's not perfect, but it's pretty close. He knows about 90% of his letters, he does get a few confused, but hey, he's not even 5 yet. But, I am beyond thrilled that he is reading! He's been doing it for a little over a week now, and in that very short amount of time, he's improved tremendously. I couldn't be more proud! I can tell that MiMi focuses more on reading, whereas some of our friends kids are doing more writing. I'm not worried, I know it'll all even out in the long run. We took a little video of him reading last night, but it was with Matt's phone and I don't know that I can transfer that on here, but I'll try. I also did a little voice recording and man is it cute, he loves to listen to himself reading.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment