Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year's Eve

This year we had no solid plans, but we had asked Matt's parents if the kids could spend the night and they agreed, so we knew we wanted to go out and do something.  Money is obviously tight, so we ate dinner at home with the kids, then dropped them off at the in-laws, came home and got dressed.  We knew we were going to go to a friends outdoor party, but also knew we wouldn't stay there too long, so dressing was an interesting issue.  What do you wear to an outdoor party that you can also wear to a nice bar??  I decided I just didn't care, and wore what I wanted.  I was probably overdressed for the outdoor party and under dressed for the bar, but I didn't care one bit.  The outdoor party was fine, but I knew no one, so we didn't stay long.  But then we couldn't seem to hook up with any of our friends :-(  In the end, it ended up not mattering one bit, Matt and I spent New Years Eve together and had a good time, and that's all that really matters!

The kids had a blast at their grandparents, they stayed up too late and got up early, so we all napped yesterday :-)  Ate junk food and laid around, it was a good day! 

Happy New Year's everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment