Monday, January 30, 2012

Diapers!

Payton has been a bit anti-diaper lately.  It's small things here and there, she has learned how to remove her pants, so why not the diaper too?!?!  Most of the time, this is not a big deal, and 99% of the time, I'm aware of what she's doing and I let her.  Friday, we were playing and she wondered into her bedroom, I encourage her to play by herself but I peak in regularly.  She wasn't in her room long and she came back into the living room, I didn't think much of it, until a short while later when she came in climbed up in my lap and I realized she had no diaper on, lol!  The little stinker had gone in her room, taken off her diaper and pulled her pants back up! 
But, Saturday night, she took her pj bottoms and diaper off and then went to sleep!  When I went in to get her Sunday morning, there was pee everywhere!  She was laying in it, as were her blanket, pillow and stuffed animals, plus the bumper was soaked.  So, everything went into the wash and she got a bath.  I was worried her stuffed giraffe wasn't going to survive, it has a music box in it, but it was soaked, it was a chance we'd have to take.  Everything survived and looks much better, although the giraffe isn't working right and if she doesn't accept this soon, we may have to buy a new one. 
But, nap time, oh, she's lucky she's cute!!!  I ran down the street to my friend Stefani's, Garrett was playing there and I went to bring him home.  We were chatting and laughing about how lucky we were she hadn't tried to remove a poopy diaper.  She must have been smearing poop all over herself as I was talking about it!!  When I got home, I was shocked she was still sleeping, it had been 3 hours, so I went in to wake her up and the smell stopped me short.  Matt was right behind me and he started gagging, I really thought he wasn't going to make it.  She was covered in it!!!  So, she got a shower, this time she wasn't so happy, she cried for most of the shower, and all the bedding went back into the wash, I opened her window, sprayed the room with air freshener, wiped down the crib and lysoled it.  I am glad it wasn't smeared on the drapes or the wall, but man was that a chore!!  So, at bedtime, i duct taped her diaper on, she was not able to remove it.  She's napping now, with a duct taped diaper, I'm hoping it worked!  I am seriously tired of washing her bedding!!

No comments:

Post a Comment