Matt's been complaining a lot about his weight lately, so Monday night, I challenged him to a week of no sugar. I am usually not a huge sweets person but with the holidays there were lots of yummy cookies, pies, brownies, chocolate treats, etc, so I was getting into a bad habit of snacking a ton. We also had a lot more white bread, and pasta then we normally do.
I figured this challenge would be pretty easy, I was wrong! I made it through day 1 ok, maybe because it was new and I was motivated. Matt did not fair so well day one, he felt sick, had a horrible headache and before dinner decided going cold turkey was not working for him. He consumes a ton of soda and a LOT more sugary stuff then I do. So, he had some crackers and some frosted mini wheats, but that was it.
Day 2 wasn't too bad, we both did really well. I'm realizing that my "bad" time of the day is right after lunch, or about the time I lay the kids down, that's when I want to snack or grab a cookie, or a handful of M&M's, or a carmel hershey kiss or a rolo, you get the hint. But, we both made it through day 2 with no sugary stuff and no white bread or pasta.
Day 3 suddenly got hard! I saw a post on fb about hot chocolate and thought, oh that sounds good, then as I was getting it out, I remembered that has sugar :-( so I put it back. Garrett was extra whiney so I was really craving my chocolate snack after lunch I felt i deserved it! but, somehow I made it through the day.......I thought! When I woke up on day 4 I realized we ended up eating a frozen pizza for dinner and the crust was not whole wheat :-( But, I'm not beating myself up, it was not an intentional slip up, so I'm going to get back on track today and hope I don't have any more accidents!
As for wt loss, I lost 2.5 pounds, then gained a half back (probably from the pizza), I'd like to lose 1 more, that would put me back to pre holiday wt. I knew the 3 pounds I had gained weren't a serious gain, it was probably too much food and too many drinks over the holidays, it was all sitting in my belly, and now it's gone :-)
4 days to go, I can do this! Oh, and Matt has pretty much given up, he's cut WAY back on his sugar and his snacking and I think that was his ultimate goal, so he feels like he had some success.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment