I've decided not to go the resolution route this year. They always seem to revolve around my weight and stuff I can't really keep, so this year I'm making some goals for myself.
1) spent more time on me - this doesn't mean going to the spa and spending a ton of money, this means, painting my nails, getting up early enough to shower, blow drying my hair, putting on make up, etc. Not for anyone except me. If I feel "pretty" I think it will help me be more confident and maybe be happier and in turn my kids will be happy and confident. I'm not talking about getting all dressed up, just taking a few minutes every morning for me.
2)be more content with what we have - I'm not a huge shopper and like I've said before our money issues are not from us going crazy buying things, but I'm always saying I hate my phone, I want a laptop, or photoshop or to go on vacations. The fact is, until I get a seriously well paying job or the business makes a major turnaround, those things aren't going to happen, so I need to be more content with what we have and make these things work for us.
3)do one home improvement/decorating project a month - again, money is tight, so I will budget for these things, use coupons, watch for sales, do things as I can. But, I'm learning I can do a lot of these things myself, so time to get off my butt and do them. A lot of the things I want to do are cheap, painting the front door, for example. I just need to do it.
4)go to church more - I go to bible study religiously, I never miss a class. This is kind of selfish though, it's free daycare and gets us out of the house, but the truth is, I like going, I like learning about God and asking myself tough questions, and understanding the bible more. But, this year I want to be more involved in the church. This is a struggle usually, because I'm catholic and Matt is baptist. This year I don't much care, we are both Christian, if Matt will go with me and he will only go to Central, then we'll go. To me, church is church, right? I'm sure some don't agree, but I am thankful that my kids are growing up in a church and they will be introduced to both religions and they can choose when they get older.
5)be healthier - ok, I'm not going to lie, I'd like to lose 5 more pounds, but with money as tight as it is, buying the "healthy" groceries isn't always doable, but I'm going to try and focus more on eating healthy and less on wt loss, the weight will come off if we eat healthy.
These are in no particular order, but I'll check back every so often and see how I am doing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment