I decided it was time to revisit my New Year's Resolutions and see how I was doing, so here goes:
1)Spend more time on me - This started out promising, I was going to paint my nails more, but found that it would chip within hours, so I got discouraged and gave up, until July when I visited my parents and my sister told me she paints her nails and the polish lasts almost a week! I was shocked, the trick was not to buy the super cheap stuff, and to use a really good top coat. So, when we got home I went shopping and bought 4 new nail polish colors! I have since polished my nails once a week and I love it! I did get my hair cut and colored once, and I've been keeping up with the grays since. I plan on getting it cut about 2 more times before the end of the year.
2)Be more content with what we have - I think I've accomplished this. It's also helped with me going back to work, there's not a ton of extra money for buying things, but I'm not sitting around the house thinking about all the things I want, lol.
3)Do one home improvement/decorating project a month - again, I started out good with this and have gotten away from it, but I'm back. I made a wreath for the front door last month and I've bought the paint for the hallways, I'm planning on painting the week I'm off from school, and then I'll tackle my picture wall, then Payton's room. So I have lots of ideas, now it's time to implement them.
4)Go to church more - Huge fail here!!! I still read the bible and I still spend time praying, but sadly I haven't made it to church on Sunday any more then in the past :-( It's one of the only days Matt doesn't work and it seems to be more of a family time and I can't get us focused on going to church. But, I'm not giving up!!
5)Be healthier - I'm afraid I've failed here too. I do cook most of our meals, but I do eat out more now that I'm working and with my work schedule I'm struggling. Most days I work 8-2 with no break, so I get a snack, but no lunch until after 2, when you eat at 2:30, you don't much want dinner at 5:30. So, needless to say, I have not lost the 5 pounds that was my goal, I've probably gained 2 :-( So, this is my new focus!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment