We had a wedding on Saturday, in Galveston. Matt's youngest cousin, Charlsie, was getting married. I had never been to Galveston so I was looking forward to the trip. We had originally planned on staying with some friends, but their house was at least 30 minutes away so we decided to see if we could get a hotel room. It took a bunch of phone calls, but we ended up finding one we could afford. It was off the strip and about 5 minutes from Matt's parents hotel and not nearly as nice, but in all honesty, it was fine. It was quiet, we didn't have to worry about the kids sleeping and it was clean, it just wasn't fancy. The first night, Friday, we waited for everyone to arrive so we could go to dinner as a big group. There were a few setbacks with other people arriving so we didn't end up eating until 9:30, I think. We had gotten the kids food earlier and I'm so glad we did! We ended up going to the Rainforest Cafe, I've been wanting to take the kids there and I think they enjoyed it. They were just so tired they weren't too into it. Matt forgot to pack the pack and play, so I wasn't sure how bedtime was going to go. Payton has never slept in a bed so I was a bit worried. Garrett fell asleep rather fast, it was 11 by the time they laid down. Payton struggled more, she tossed and turned a lot, but finally about 12 she fell asleep. I woke at 5 with the sun shining in my eyes but thankfully the kids slept until 7. 7 hours really isn't enough for them so I was a bit nervous how the day would go!
Saturday, we drove around a bit and found this excellent restaurant, the Mosquito cafe, it was our kind of place. Everything was nice, the food as all made from scratch, the kids each ate a huge pancake and Matt and I enjoyed our breakfast. They were quite a few streets up from the main strip and I remember asking Matt how far up the water from Hurricane Ike came up and then I saw on the wall a sign about 5 feet up that said water line. I was stunned. The lady said they had to gut the restaurant and start over! After breakfast we met up with Matt's family and went to the Strand to wonder around. It was hot, the kids were tired and bored so I didn't enjoy it as much as I probably would have had it just been Matt and I. After that we went back to Matt's parents hotel so the kids could swim, they had a blast doing that. Garrett showed us how he can flip into the pool!! I never did get that on video, I was amazed though! After swimming a bit, we got some lunch and headed back for naps. I think Garrett slept for 4 hours? When he woke up he thought it was morning and wanted to go get breakfast, lol! We got dressed and headed to the wedding.
The wedding wa on the beach, it was a very pretty set up. The grooms mom got in a very mild car accident on the way so it started about an hour late. Prior to it starting there was a middle aged man wondering around in a very worn out speedo, gotta love beach weddings!! As the ceremony was starting a storm was blowing in, it was crazy watching it build and blow our way. We got to our cars just in time. It never poured down rain but it did rain a bit. The reception was also outside, other then it being very hot and very still it was a good time. At 11:30, I told Matt we had to head home. The kids were just done. But, on our way back to the hotel I suggested we go walk on the beach, so we took a midnight stroll on the beach and the kids loved it! Payton got knocked over by a wave and I thought she would freak out but she didn't, other then being soaked, she was unaffected. Bedtime went easier, but the poor thing rolled off the bed at some point. We were sound asleep and all the sudden we heard thump, "Wah", I jumped up and picked her up and she went right back to sleep. I'm pretty sure she doesn't remember it at all, lol!!
Sunday, we let them sleep in a bit, but then we headed to go back to the Mosquito Cafe, but the line was crazy long, we ended up at another restaurant, Casey's. I would not recommend it at all. We were not impressed one bit! After that we went back to the beach, it was overcast and threatening rain again but we wanted to let the kids play in the ocean again. They had so much fun! I truly can't wait to take them back to spend more time on the beach. Poor Matt, the kids and I slept the entire way home and he ended up driving!
In all, it was a great trip. Congratulations to Charlsie and Josh!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment