Tuesday, August 28, 2012
First day of Kindergarten
Yesterday was Garrett's first day of kindergarten. He was SO excited!! I was too, I've always loved school and I know how much he loves reading and learning and I knew he'd love kindergarten. I also know he was a little nervous, but so was I, lol. It's funny, I'm not the sappy type, I'm just not. But he has been at Powersports, with Ms Mimi for 2.5 years, so this was a big change. He bounded out of bed, took a lot of encouragement to eat breakfast, he was just so excited/anxious/nervous, got dressed, brushed his teeth, wanted his hair down, etc. He couldn't stop talking. Matt had already told us he wanted to go with me to drop him off, so of course, Garrett was excited about that. We left a few minutes later then I wanted too, but I had already told the girls at work I'd be late, so I wasn't trying to rush us too much. We got to school and I teared up! Totally unexpected. All the sweet people outside the school welcoming us and asking if it was his first day, it nearly did me in. It was cloudy but yes, I kept my sunglasses on. But, once we got inside all was good. He was one of the last to his classroom so finding his seat was easy, he hung up his backpack, put his pencil box in his cubby and sat down to start coloring. Mrs. Sowell had him come back over by us for a "first day of school" picture, and I was glad, it gave me a last chance to give him a big hug. He said bye and we had to leave. So, I'm happy to report, there were no tears, from anyone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment