Tuesday, August 28, 2012

First day report

I was dying to go pick Garrett up!  I wanted to hear all about his first day.  Because of my long days at work and going back to school, we made the decision to have Garrett go to Powersports after school everyday and I'll just pick both kids up from the same place.  This is my short week and I had wanted to pick him up yesterday, but both the school and Powersports asked me not too.  They said everyone needs to understand, including Garrett, how the system works.  They didn't want me to change things up yet.  They wanted the "bus driver" teacher to know he rides a bus and for the Powersports driver and helper to recognize him and for Garrett to understand the system too, so I anxiously did homework all afternoon until about 4:30 when I couldn't take it anymore and we went and picked them up.  Matt wanted to go too.  The funny thing was, we've been going to Powersports for 2.5 years, but now he goes to a different area and I had to bring my id because no one knows me!  He came bouncing out just overflowing with excitement.  I wasn't sure he'd want to talk about it too much but who am I kidding, that kid likes to talk!  He told me everything.  How much fun he had, that they drew, not colored a picture, but drew 2 pictures, one was dinosaurs, the other was him and I, they had recess, he saw Keira at recess, they ate lunch and he forgot his water in the classroom.  I told him if he forgot it again, he could always buy milk, which resulted in him giving me an entire rundown of how you buy your lunch.  They talked about being kind to people, and they read 2 stories.  He said one girl was really nice but he didn't know her name.  He said one boy was out of control and when I asked what Mrs. Sowell did, he said she took him aside and said "no, no, that is not how we behave in kindergarten" and he went and sat down.  He told me he had so much fun and could not wait to go back.  I am so glad, it made my heart just swell yesterday and I couldn't give him enough hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment