Saturday, August 4, 2012

Lost/stolen purse

2 weeks ago, on Saturday, the kids and I went to Kroger for groceries and then Target for a little baby gift.  After that I have no recollection of my purse, until Monday morning when I realized it was missing.  Sunday early evening, we had cleaned out both cars and taken them to the self car wash on the corner, we vacuumed them out really good and washed them.  I swear I moved my purse from the passenger seat to the console, but it wasn't there when we went to leave for school/work Monday morning.  Imagine me frantically searching a very clean car and the inside of the house, I ended up giving up and being very late for work.  That night Matt and I looked everywhere for it, no luck, I searched again on Tuesday and decided it was officially gone, so I called our 3 banks (yes, 3!!) and reported all 5 debit cards lost/stolen, and the replacement fun began.  Thankfully I had just cleaned out my purse, so other then 5 debit cards, 4 check books and my license, SS card (yes, I know), the kids insurance cards and some punch cards for restaurants, oh and $33, I didn't really lose anything of too much value, the purse was also at least 4 years old.  It was just the headache of having to go to the banks, DPS and SS office to renew everything.  The banks were easy, we closed one account we never use anymore, the second bank I just called and she replaced the cards for me, the third I went in and the manager ID'd me and I got new cards on the spot.  I was told to go to SS first, but once there found out you can't get a new SS card without a picture ID, and since I had none, not even a work ID, I headed to DPS.  It was way out in the middle of nowhere now and when I got there and saw how many people were there I cringed, it was already 3:30 and I didn't want to sit there for hours.  I was there less then 15 minutes!  I have no idea how their system worked but only 3 numbers were called before mine.  The lady that helped me said there was a huge increase in wallet thefts recently and mine was probably stolen.  My new license arrived Wednesday and even though I had forgotten to change out of my scrubs it's not a bad picture!  I'm still in the process of replacing the insurance cards, library card, etc, but I'm slowly piecing it all back together.  Next, back to SS office, I'm not as worried about that now that I have my license.  This is the first time I've ever lost a purse/wallet, so I guess I should count myself lucky.  I just hope it never happens again!

No comments:

Post a Comment