Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Second Day

Because I need to be to work by 7:45, Garrett was going to have to be dropped off about 7:15, where he would sit, supervised until his teacher got him at 7:30.  Matt wasn't too keen on this idea, so he's offered to drop him off at 7:30 and I'll take Payton to school.  In theory this sounds great, and I know there will be days when Matt will have to be to work early so there will be times Garrett will just have to go early.  But, I can count on one hand the number of times I have not dropped that child off for school, VBS, camp, anything.  It was harder on me this morning.  I knew I wouldn't be able to walk him to his classroom but I was fully prepared to park the car and walk him as far as I could.  Well, instead, I gave him a bug hug and kiss and he left with his daddy.  And the worst part is, Matt's been working hard all day and I have no idea if Matt walked him in or dropped him off!  I'm assuming he made it to his classroom because the school hasn't called me looking for him, but seriously, that has me more anxious then anything!  I think the hardest part about kindergarten is that I don't get to chat with his teacher everyday.  I've always made it a point to be very nice to all of my kid teachers and I love to chat and get a little rundown of the day, tell them how they slept, ate, or whatever.  I can't do that anymore and I'm not liking it!!  I guess this momma needs to give up a little control......

No comments:

Post a Comment