Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Mary Kay

Ever since I revisited my New Year's resolution post I've been thinking I need to try a bit harder to do things for me.  So, I ordered a Scentsy, such a small thing, but I can not tell you how happy it makes me to come home and click that on and have my house smell nice!  It truly is the little things that make me happy, lol.

I also decided to host a Mary Kay party.  I hosted one many years ago, when Heather was selling it, and it really was fun and I learned a lot.  The others who came seemed to enjoy the party as well.  One of the mom's from Garrett tee ball team was a MK rep, so I bought some things I was desperate for, and it took almost 3 months, but I finally hosted a party last Thursday.  I decided to do it at 3pm, I knew that would limit who could come, but that meant the kids wouldn't be home and Matt wouldn't have to make himself busy.  I invited quite a few people, a few people ordered things even though they couldn't attend the party.  The ones who ended up coming were mostly work friends and my friend, Stefani.  I knew 2 people were very interested in buying things, but to me, the cool thing was going to be learning some new tricks.  I forget that MK is first and foremost a skin care company, the makeup comes second.  The only thing she told me that I really had no idea about was that it is very important to use products from the same line.  So, face wash, moisturizer, etc should be all the same line.  I thought, sure, whatever, well, ever since Thursday I've been using MK products twice a day, to wash my face, an acne treatment, a day/night solution, an eye cream and a moisturizer and I'm not lying my face feels AMAZING!  It is so soft, my acne has completely cleared up and my skin is just glowing.  I realize MK is expensive and for that reason is not for everyone, but you use such a tiny bit of each product that it lasts a really long time.  So, to add to my resolution, I am going to paint my nails once a week and I'm going to make a tremendous effort to wash my face twice a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment