I have a bible study friend, she lost her 2 kids and her father in a tragic car accident a few years back. I didn't know her then, but when I heard her story, it made me take a second to stop and think about how fast your life can change. Because of her and her loss, on the crazy days when it's super loud, or everyone is crying, or there's too much yelling (by me), I, as I'm sure most moms do, think, "oh, what I wouldn't give for just an hour of peace and quiet", but then Susan pops in my head and I instantly think, no, I really don't. I can not even begin to imagine how her life changed. She now has 2 sweet small boys, but her life will never go back to what it was, never.
On Saturday, I was with the kids ALL day, from 8am to 8:30pm, it was a long day. It went well for the most part, but as I was heading to bed, I was walking through the house and there were little reminders of my kids; the Trio block house G made for his dinosaurs, plus a few dinosaurs all camped out in the living room; P's white keds in the kitchen, I was reminded how she cried when I took them off her because she loves shoes; then I go in our bathroom and there's the kids toothbrushes,, because my sink is apparently the best in the house; then I see a little princess sippy cup of water on the chair in the bedroom, and as I climbed into bed, the 4 hot wheels cars G left me, "so I could have them to sleep with". As soon as I got into bed, I thought of Susan, why I don't know, but then I prayed and I thanked God for my children and for the gentle reminders to be thankful and grateful for them.
So, even though I hate that Susan lost her children, I'm glad that I know her so I can appreciate my kids just a tiny bit more then I might have.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment