Tuesday, December 6, 2011
Tears
Sometimes you just have a bad day, and try as I do to hide it from the kids, sometimes you just can't. Well, yesterday was one of those days. It was just Payton and I, Garrett was at school yesterday, and I kept getting more and more bad news, I hung up the phone after one particular call and I just started crying. I was sitting on the floor in Payton's room, and what does that sweet girl do, she goes and gets a baby wipe and comes over and wipes my face. Then she leaned in to give me a kiss, sat on my lap, really still, and flipped through a book. Payton never sits still and until recently, doesn't much like looking at or reading books, so the fact that she just sat with me is pretty amazing. God gave me a sweet little angel in my Payton. He knew I needed comforting and even though she's barely 25 pounds and not quite 3 feet tall, she was all the comfort I needed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment