Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Things I want to do

I have a mental list of things I'm wanting to do this year and time is just running out on me.  So, I thought I'd put it on paper and see what all I can actually get done:

Paint the front door black

Paint the 2 hallways and living room gray
Paint the wall above the fireplace a slightly darker gray
Possibly stencil the picture frame wall in the living room
Recover the pillows on the couches in the living room
Hang a ton of random black frames in the hallway by the kids bedrooms
Refinish the table in the garage and turn our dining room into an actual dining room

I feel that all of these things are very doable, I just need a bit of money.  So, some of it may need to wait until 2012.  Here's the things I'd like to complete in 2012:

Replace the light fixture in the kids bath
Frame out their mirror, with black or white, I haven't decided which yet
Redo Payton's room - this will be a major project and will probably wait until summer when she's ready for a big girl bed
Decorate our bedroom and bathroom, I'm leaning towards a mustard yellow and gray theme, but that may change - this will also be a huge project so will probably be a fall item
Continue my monthly hand &/or foot print art
Paint the entryway
Paint the dining room

I think that about covers it.  Now that we know we are definitely staying here for many years to come, I really want to work on decorating it more.  I'm going to try to stick to my goal of one project a month, and keep it as inexpensive as possible.

Does anyone else have a to do list that looks like it's getting pushed into the new year?

No comments:

Post a Comment