I think sometimes I forget that this blog is supposed to be honest and about my life, not just the good stuff, but the bad. I don't even really know who reads it so it may just be for my own personal memories. I think it's time for me to be honest with myself though and put it down on "paper" and in 10 years I can look back and remember how bad (or good) things really were in 2011.
On Monday, I found out my Traverse is going to be repossessed. That's a term I never thought I'd speak, but here we are, 2.5 years since I lost my job, and are facing really hard times. After I lost my job we managed to stretch our savings from 3-6 months, then with still no job offers and a baby due in weeks, we cashed in our IRA's and managed to live off those for a year, then with still no job offer, we cashed in my 401k and started our own business. The business has done ok, but it's just that our income went from close to $100,000 to about $40,000. There's only so many things you can cut out of your daily living expenses and make up a $60,000 difference. So, we fell behind on our bills, then the summer hit, business was doing good, we got caught up, then it slowed down again and now we are behind again. But, maybe hearing the words "repossession activation" was just the wake up call we needed to hear.
On Tuesday, we had our last bible study, the ladies know how we've been struggling, and made us a lasagna dinner with salad and bread and slipped a $150 HEB gift card in my pocket. And driving home I remembered that one of the ladies used to be an attorney, very recently, she quit her job 4 months ago. So, when I got home I emailed her and she put me in touch with a bankruptcy attorney. Again, this is something I never dreamed we'd be facing, but after a preliminary phone conversation today, he told me things I had given up hope on. We can keep our home and our cars.
So, in sticking with my desire to be honest, I'll update my blog after my phone meeting with him at 3:30. He said he has yet to meet someone that didn't qualify for bankruptcy, it's more a matter of which type we qualify for.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment