This year our Christmas Eve plans were changed, due to circumstances beyond my control, we had no plans. Lindsay invited us to go to her church, and since she is converting to Catholicism, I was excited about that. at the last minute we invited the O'Banion family over for dinner. Funny thing was, everyone showed up a LOT earlier then I was expecting, so I was still in the shower, oops! But, after dinner, we went to church. Lindsay had suggested we meet there at 6:30 for a 7pm mass. We were expecting it to be very busy. When we got there, we were the second car in the parking lot, the first was Lindsay's, lol!! Turns out mass didn't start until 7:15, and apparently, since St. Mary's is in Northgate and primarily a student based church, it never really got very busy. Mass was very nice, I won't lie though, I've been spoiled by Central's band and choir, I was very disappointed by the 2 singers/band they had. I was hoping for a really nice choir. But, other then that, everything was nice, even though we ended up being there 2 hours, the kids behaved as well as can be expected. I still don't understand why Catholics feel the kids don't need a nursery, but we survived. Even captured a nice family picture at the church.
Then it was home to put out milk, cookies and carrots for Santa and his reindeer!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment