Garrett is a big talker, he asks a ton of questions, I do my best to be patient and answer all of them for him. I try the "what do you think" and he usually gets mad and just wants an answer. Sometimes I honestly, just don't know. Sometimes he gets mad and says "just tell me", and then we argue because the fact is, I don't know. I also say, that's the way God made it, and I don't use this as a cop out, I just feels it's true.
He's very intrigued by death and dying lately, I have no idea why, but I do my best to answer as truthfully as I can and keep it simple for a 4 year old. We had a conversation, in the car, on Friday, it went something like this:
G: Where do we go when we die?
Me:Heavan to live with God
G: would I live in a house?
Me:Yes (honestly, I don't know, but that seemed important to him)
G: Will I have a bike?
Me: yes
G: will our house be big?
Me: yes and it will always stay clean, so I'll never have to clean again :-)
G: good, I hate picking up my toys
G: will there be good food?
Me: yes
G: will I have friends there?
Me: yes
This went on for a while and I realized I might have been making heaven sound a bit too good, so I quickly reminded him that if he went to heaven, I'd never be able to see him again, and he said:
"Mom, when you die, you live in people's hearts and never leave them". I quietly choked back tears and said, "yes, Garrett you are right. You will always live in my heart and I in yours."
Yes, he came up with this on his own.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment