Garrett and I have our battles, but lately, he's just cracking me up. Here's an example of our last 2 mornings:
Yesterday, Garrett asked if he could go outside and play. I was making breakfast, so I said sure, just come in when I call you. And he ran out to play in the front yard. A few minutes later I go to get him, and I really wish I had brought my camera. He's running through the sprinklers in his winter coat and underwear! When I stopped laughing and asked him why he was dressed that way, he said the winter coat was because it was cold (65) and to keep his shirt dry (it did), and his shorts had gotten wet, so he took them off. I did hear neighbors drive off to work, I can only imagine what they thought as they drove by my house, lol!!
Today, Matt was home and since Garrett needed a shower before school, I sent him in to shower with Matt. G still sleeps in a diaper, so Matt sent him to throw the diaper in the "big" trash, meaning the kitchen, not the one in the bathroom. I was laying in bed watching tv and I thought I heard the front door open, then I know I heard the back door open, so I get up, ready to be mad, and again, where was my camera?!?! He's standing on the back porch, naked, carrying the diaper, trying to figure out how to get to the big trash can, lol!!! Because our sprinklers were broke, the grass is very much like straw and he said he couldn't figure out how to get to the trash can and not hurt his feet. I have no idea if anyone saw my naked son in the front yard trying to get the gate open while carrying his diaper!
Sometimes you just have to stop and laugh
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment