Friday, September 9, 2011

Garrett's first day of school!





I cannot believe I haven't posted about the kids and school yet! Especially considering I was one of the few moms I know that was SO excited their kid was heading back to school.

Garrett started 3 weeks ago, and he was so excited! He's at Powersports again this year and I somehow missed the orientation they had, I never got the notice, so I was pleasantly surprised when I showed up the first day and there was an entirely new building and it was amazing! Everything in his classroom is brand new, everything! I promise you, kindergarten won't be so nice next year! He has the same teacher he had last year, so the drop off was very easy. I think we are officially done crying at drop off, for school anyways. There are 5 kids total in his class, which I love. I also realize kindergarten will be somewhat of a shock, but I'm ok with that, he needs the more individualized attention right now. His only complaint? That I come to pick him up too soon, lol! This year they offer an extended day program, for working parents, it's purely play, so the first week, he actually cried and asked why I can't work all the time like the other moms.

He's doing great though. I can already see an improvement in his name writing. He takes after me with his love of reading, but he takes after Matt with his dislike of sitting still to do school work. We are working on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment