Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Bathroom



I've been thinking about home improvements for literally months and months, but we never have any extra money. I finally decided we never were going to, and that I could do so much more by myself then I was giving myself credit for.


Since the house looked pretty much the same as the day we moved in, other then Garrett's room which I redid while pregnant with Payton, I decided to start with something fairly small. I had so many ideas in my head, it took a while to narrow it down and get organized, but then finally things started falling into place. I had a picture I knew I wanted to use, but had a really hard time matching the color, one day I found a shower curtain I really liked, and it had the same colors as the picture, I took it to the paint store and found an exact match to the green they had used in their example (I knew I wanted green in the bathroom). I ended up liking the color so much I painted part of the kitchen the same green!

So, I had Amber come watch the kids one day and I painted and then Matt took them outside to play one night so I could do a second coat. It took a lot more then I expected, the walls were so dry! But, I loved the color once it was on the walls. I found bathroom hardware I really liked at BB&B, on clearance, oh, the shower curtain was on clearance too. I found dark blue towels on clearance at Target, so I was really pleased. I bought a shelving unit from BB&B that ended up being on sale and a vase and flower from Michael's with some coupons. I found a purple elephant that I really liked, it was online and only $10, but the shipping was $7, that just seemed high for one item. But, after searching at 5 stores for something to put on the shelf I just couldn't get the little elephant out of my head, so I ordered it, turns out it was the last one (it was from etsy) and the shipping ended up only being $5, so she refunded me $2, that made me feel better. I need one more vase for the third shelf. I found one I like at Crate & Barrel for $10, so I"m thinking I"m just going to order it. I haven't seen anything in a store I even remotely like, so it seems like it's worth it.

Oh, and the roman shades! I found a link on pinterest to make roman shades yourself. The shade in there was just plain ugly but I didn't want just a curtain either, it's a small window, but I wanted something cute. I ended up with a soft grey material, since the shower curtain is so busy, I didn't want the shade to compete. I decided I liked the grey more and more, because I want to paint the hallway outside that bathroom grey, so it will all tie in together.



I'm pretty happy with my one room improvement, next is the living room, the hallway, the kitchen area, the master bedroom.......

No comments:

Post a Comment