Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Garrett stops napping

A few weeks back, I was beginning to think my 4.5 year old would nap forever. But, things changed, and fast. All the sudden we noticed he was still awake at 9:30, 10, 10:30 at night. I did a little test and had him not nap 2 days in a row, he was in bed by 8:30 both nights and never came back out.

I should probably explain that after he goes to bed, we don't go check on him unless he calls for us. His door squeaks and we found that if we went int to check on him, we were waking him up. We like the door squeaky because then we know when he's coming out of his door.

Then, I had him take a nap. It was Saturday, so I figured if he was up late, it was ok. Well, he came in our room at 10:40, just wide awake, I decided then and there that naps were done. So, for 3 days we've been doing "rest" time, because honestly, momma needs time to get stuff done and I need rest time. So far, so good. No major meltdowns, which tells me he really was ready.

My baby boy is growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment