Saturday, May 5, 2012

Work

Work - It took me a couple weeks to decide if I really liked it there.  The hours are great, but I seemed to be having trouble with one of the co-workers, sadly, she was the one training me.  It all started out just fine and then she slowly started getting kind of mean.  I'm not even entirely sure how to describe it, but she would show me how to do stuff about 95% complete, so I was getting into trouble for not completing tasks, she was constantly talking and not working, I had to keep interrupting her to ask questions, and I was getting a lot of sighs and eye rolls.  But, she was also leaving, so I was determined to stick it out until she left and see if things changed.  About 2 days before she left, the girl I was going to be working with, Cindy,  pulled me aside and said she was really sorry I was being treated poorly, but she promised me it would be better in a few days and boy has it ever!  This week has been great.  Cindy has been filling in the gaps on the things the other girl left off, she's been extremely patient with my questions and has been showing me my mistakes and how to fix them.  No more me feeling like a complete idiot because I had entered something in the computer wrong.  I also have noticed I'm making a lot fewer mistakes, I think the stress and anxiety of my cranky coworker was making it hard for me to concentrate.  I'm sure the fact that I've been there a month is helping a lot too, I'm really getting to understand the insurance side of things and even competently answering patients questions.  Now, I just need to get up the nerve to ask about a raise.  I was told I'd be on the training pay for a short period of time, but honestly, the training pay doesn't even cover daycare, so if he doesn't give me a raise soon, I may have to quit and I really don't want to have to do that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment