Saturday, May 5, 2012
Daycare
Daycare-I knew this would be an easy transition
for Garrett, he was already upset that he could never stay after school
to play like some of the kids did. I figured Payton would be ok since
she's been going up there to pick Garrett up a couple times a week since
she was born, but she would not be in the same room with Garrett and
had never napped anywhere but home. I knew from experience she would
adapt, but I also was worried about her first few days. And I was
right, the first day she didn't nap at all, and her first week she had a
TON of pee accidents. About her 4th day there, we got out of work
early, so I got them and brought them home and P took a 4 hour nap!!
But, 4 weeks later, she's fully adjusted. She's having no trouble
napping, no pee accidents since the first week, and hugs and kisses her
teacher in the morning and when I pick them up. And I see genuine love
on her teachers face, she seems happy to see Payton in the morning and
always has great things to tell me when I pick her up. Plus, I can tell
she's learning a lot, she's talking more and more, and yesterday, out
of the blue, she counted to 10 unassisted and got about halfway through
her alphabet, she was not doing this a month ago, despite my best
efforts. So, there are days I miss them terribly and thing I'm horrible
for taking them to daycare and there are days I see it was best for
everyone. I often get off early enough that I can run errands and
quickly clean the house before I pick them up and then I can spend time
with them and my focus is on them, not me cleaning or dragging them all
over running errands. And, I have to time the pickup just right because
Payton doesn't nap until 2:15, so I can't go between 2:15 and 4:15,
otherwise I wake her up, so that helps me feel less guilty about not
picking them up until 4:30 or 5.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment