Saturday, May 5, 2012
T ball
Wow, I'm not sure whether I like t ball or not, it's a huge time commitment!! We started out practicing twice a week, then the week I started working we had opening ceremonies and ever since then we've had 3 t ball things a week, either practices or games. They all start at 6, so on the weeks I get out of work at 2, this is super easy, but on the 5pm days it's a nightmare! I race out of work to get the kids, his teacher is kind enough to change him and we have just enough time to eat something I've packed in the car and jump out for him to go play. This has involved a lot of tears and too much yelling. It's too much for him, he's tired from school and then has to race off to practice, which he doesn't really like at all, or to a game, which he does like. But, he's usually starving by the time it's all over and usually pretty dirty and sweaty, so we race home and have just enough time to do baths and read his reading assignment and then he's in bed. He complains he doesn't get to play and misses watching tv. I'm not even sure he likes baseball, I think he plays because we've signed him up, but given the choice, he'd not be playing ;-( Matt love it and is his coach again this year, so I feel bad that Garrett doesn't love it more. You can tell the kids who love it, they want to stay after and hit more balls, they come running up at practice and quite frankly they're pretty good at it!! I hope he eventually decides he likes it, but if not I"m not doing this too many more years in a row!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment