Tuesday, May 29, 2012
Mother's Day
Mother's Day ended up being a very nice day. It started off a bit rocky around here, but turned around and ended on a high note. We decided to go to the park after eating breakfast and we all just played, so that was a lot of fun. After that we went to Home Depot and I got to pick out some new plants for the house. I bought a new Hibiscus, I had one years ago and it ended up dying, I was pretty upset but then found out they only live 5-7 years and I'd definitely had mine at least that long, so I think it's time was just up. We also bought a hanging basket for the back porch, which was getting burned up by the afternoon sun, so it now resides on the front porch with the hibiscus. We also bought some yellow marigolds, Garrett helped me plant these while Payton napped and I have to say I'm impressed at how well they are doing. Only one has died, and I"m honestly not even sure why! After Payton's nap we headed to dinner with Matt's family and then home for a relaxing evening. I love the flowers that I got and the fact that I can look at them everyday and be reminded of my children :-) Both kids bade me cards in their classrooms, Garrett wrote his out all by himself and Payton's is a hand and foot print =, and everyone knows I"m a sucker for hand print art!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment