So, this last week I found myself just dragging, I was depressed, sad, just plain tired. I wasn't getting much joy from anything. I do get homesick for my family, and I honestly just feel like I"m on an island all by myself. Matt is and will be working a lot more hours and I can either go insane or fight my way out of the depression. I will say, it was Matt who dragged me up and out of it. I've been wanting to do "something", I had no idea what, but the daily grind of nothing has been wearing me down. I'm constantly on edge waiting for him to call to run and do something for work, so I find I'm not even enjoying my kid time, I'm too stressed over money and him working and dwelling on how many hours it will be until I have an adult to talk to. So, I'm getting back onto a project track. Sunday I spent 4 hours, yes 4, weeding one side of our front flower bed, it was that bad. For some reason I just kept thinking Matt was going to do it, I finally realized, I need to be doing it. I do draw the line at cutting the grass, I don't think that's in any way safe with a 2 year old running around, esp one scared of loud noises, so I don't know when that will get cut, but somehow Matt's going to have to find the time for it. But, I've decided I am going to paint the front door, make a wreath and start a garden.
I originally thought about doing the garden in the front yard, but Matt decided we really need to tear out what's there and redo the rocks and bring in new dirt and mulch, it's looking really dated, so I was disappointed, starting a garden from scratch could be really pricey, but this morning I realized there's plenty of room under the trees in the back yard. It is going to require serious weeding, but I think I can do it. My kids LOVE being outside, so this way, even if Payton isn't helping me weed, we can be outside together and maybe my work will start rubbing off on the kids and they'll become interested. I've got some ideas of what to plant, it'll be at least a week, it's going to take some serious work on that area to clean it up. But, I'm hoping this gives me some motivation and something to look forward to. I'm also hoping that Garrett will get involved if I let him pick out some things to plant.
My biggest issue is money, we never have enough, but I need to just spend a little bit here and there and hopefully it will not break the bank to do some projects and keep me feeling like I'm accomplishing something!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment