Wednesday, March 14, 2012
Potty Training, day two
Day two started off fantastically, I woke her up and we went straight to the potty and she peed, then picked out her own Minnie Mouse panties, and was quite excited. Then it started, back to asking to sit every 5 minutes but not peeing! 1.5 straight hour of this and I thought I might go insane, so I decided we needed to run to the bank. I put a diaper on her, just in case. Then we stopped in to visit Stefani while she worked and I got a much needed adult chat in while the 3 kids played. Then we came home. I had her immediately sit on the potty because her diaper was still dry! No pee, while I fixed lunch, she sat 3 more times, still no pee. Then while she was eating, she asked to pee again, the second time, I had had enough and told her no, she needed to jut eat, and that's when she peed, all over her chair and the floor. I, of course, felt like the worst mother ever! I had her sit on the potty, apologized for not believing her, cleaned everything up, we finished lunch and i laid her down. She slept 3.5 hours and woke up dry! I was shocked. The rest of the afternoon went great. She peed right after her nap and then exactly 2.5 hours later started the "every 5 minutes pee" thing again, but this time, after her third trip, I told her if she sat still and peed we'd go for a walk, that didn't work, so the 4th time I promised a piece of chocolate, I also turned the faucet on. I have no idea what worked, but she finally sat and peed, of course, she jumped up to check her progress about 3 times, but finally we had an empty bladder, so she got a piece of chocolate and we took a walk. She then stayed dry until after her bath, when she asked to pee again. Then she pooped in her diaper. We are still working on putting the poops in the potty. Since that took Garrett well over 1.5 years, I'm hoping to have a bit more success with her on that! But, in all I'd say she's doing fantastically!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment