Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Jedi Knight Training Camp Party



Saturday, we hosted a Jedi Knight Training Camp birthday party for Garrett. I had a blast planning this party! I made Jedi Knight costumes, and light sabers, these were the party favors for the kids. We set up an obstacle course outside and the kids had to maneuver their way through it. And, of course, light saber battles all over the place!

I made costumes for the kids from some upholstery fabric I found on sale, I made each costume 18 inches wide and cut a hole for their heads. Added a bit of burlap for a belt, and we had some super easy, cute Jedi Knight costumes. Garrett wore his Luke Skywalker Halloween costume, and we borrowed a Yoda costume for Payton, which was adorable!

For the light sabers, I borrowed (couldn't find any in the store in January) pool noodles. We cut them in half and then I used silver and black duck tape to make the handles. I made a couple different designs, Garrett helped me pick which handles went on which light saber, lol.

We opted for an ice cream cake from DQ, it turned out really cute, unfortunately, in all the excitement, I only have a picture of it on my phone :( It was airbrushed with a midnight blue "paint", then had white dots to represent stars and she traced the Star Wars name and then wrote Happy Birthday Garrett on it.

For the obstacle course, we put streamers hanging all around a folding table, the kids had to crawl under it, then they went over G's slide, and rolled a big, exercise ball around some chairs, then they had to get 3 star wars figurines into a bucket and then hop on this grey, bouncy ball thing down to the tee ball stand, where we had a ball covered in aluminum foil and the kids aimed at a picture of Darth Vader.

Of course, the biggest hit of all, was our guest appearance by Chewbacca!! Some of the kids were a bit scared of him, but G honestly, and truly thought he was real, he even asked him where Luke Skywalker was. The kids had fun playing with him and tormenting him with their light sabers.

For food, I kept it super simple, we had chips and dip, queso and chips, Yoda Soda (lemonade died green), and tea.

I had a great time planning this party, and I really and truly hoped the kids enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment