Today, Payton is ONE!! I still can't believe how this year has flown by.
I was a bit sad last night, yesterday was the actual day she was born, she was born on a Tuesday, so to me, yesterday was her real birthday. I'm not sure why I was sad, more sentimental, I guess. I just didn't want to put her to bed, lol! I wanted to hold her all night long like I did the first night she was born. But, today I woke up so excited and happy for her......and she slept in!!!
She is just the sweetest little thing! She loves waving to people, she gets SO excited when her brother laughs. She gets excited when we make her laugh, she also cries when Garrett gets upset. She has a very sweet heart, if Garrett is getting in trouble, she'll come over and laugh or do something that diverts me attention. I find that amazing.
She has her blue eyes and I'm pretty sure they are here to stay! Her hair has a tiny bit of red to it, and I'm seeing the start of some curls! It's just about long and thick enough for me to put a tiny clip in her hair, and it makes her look different, I'm not sure how, but maybe more grown up or just more like a girl?!?!
She tricked us all and is not walking yet. She crawled SO early and everyone said she'd walk early too, but she is perfectly content just crawling all over the place. She isn't even interested in walking if you hold her hands. She'll walk along the furniture, she'll hang off my legs and she'll walk with her little walker toys, but she's just not wanting to walk yet. And that's ok, she'll do it when she's ready.
She's a talker, she talks up a storm, it doesn't make any sense, but it's sweet none the less. She loves her bath. You turn on the water and she'll take off and you can't do anything to distract her. She is still eating baby food, mainly because she likes it and she gets a good variety. She's not huge on the real fruits and veggies, so I supplement with the baby food. Last night, I gave her a plate with chicken, strawberries and cooked carrots, she ate every bit of the strawberries and chicken and handed me each carrot one by one!
She's starting to have stranger anxiety, it started a couple Sunday's ago, she never, ever cried when I dropped her off at the church nursery, now she does and she gives the biggest, saddest face ever.
I am truly amazed, even with my second one, how much they change in one year! I am looking forward to what the next year has in store for us!
Happy Birthday to my Payton, my peanut, my sweet baby girl!


No comments:
Post a Comment