Anyways, Garrett first. He is 41 3/4 inches tall and 37.7 pounds, both 85% tile. He had his hearing tested, it went fine, and his vision tested, not so fine. His right eye appears fine, the left might be a concern. We couldn't tell if he was getting bored with it or really couldn't see. But, since Matt & I both have a history of poor vision, Dr. Schams wants us to go to an eye Dr. He also thinks G's been stuttering long enough to warrant a visit with a speech therapist. On the whole, Garrett is just fine. I figured the glasses would hit one day, we'll see if it's now or if he was just too distracted. We also talked him him not liking to poop in the potty all that much, and the Dr gave me some ideas. We also discussed preschool vs pre-k, and he suggested a Montessori school! I hadn't even considered that, so we'll see about that one.
Payton was fine as well, she is 21.1 pounds (50th %), and 29.5 inches (75%), still a tiny head, but again, it's in line for her, so no concern there. A few things we discussed, she didn't tolerate whole milk well, he said try it again or try soy milk, my choice. I mentioned that I only give her a bottle with formula in it and since she uses the Enfamil AR and it's so thick, it won't come through a cup, he said as long as she is off the bottle by 15 months, no concern. As long as she wasn't laying in her crib using it to put herself to sleep (she doesn't). He was surprised she wasn't walking yet, only because she crawled so early and 2nd babies tend to walk early, but she's fine developmentally, so he's not at all concerned (and neither am I).
Both kids screamed hysterically for their shots. G wanted P to go first, in hindsight, BAD idea! She cried, hard and it upset him, so he was crying before I even got him on the table. P was then hanging on my legs screaming, while I was holding him down and he was screaming. Not fun at all!
In all, we have 2 very healthy kiddos!


No comments:
Post a Comment