Monday, February 21, 2011

Payton's First Birthday Party



We celebrated Payton's first birthday on Saturday, Feb 19, with an Owl theme. I'd been trying for months to teach her to say "Whoo, Whoo", but no luck there. This party was a lot more work then I envisioned, so I am SO grateful that my mom and sister came in on Thursday night, we spent all day Friday cooking and decorating. But, it turned out great!

I decided to make invites, since I couldn't find any Owl ones in the store, I have to admit, it turned out kind of cute!



With my sister-in-law, Renee's help, we made a banner for Payton, it turned out SO cute! I also borrowed this smaller Owl banner thing, and I decided to post a few of my favorite pictures of P from her first year, well, while searching for those, I realized I have these pictures I took from every week/month of her first year and what a perfect opportunity to print those and use them in some way, so we made a third "banner" with all those pictures, that was my favorite, I may turn it into a book, it was just that cute.


I wanted to do a brunch, just for something different, so we made 2 different kinds of breakfast casseroles, had pancakes for the kids and bacon and fruit for everyone else.

For the sweets table, I had an Owl cake made, it was HUGE! Much bigger then I anticipated, but very cute. We made pink rice crispy treats with little beads on top, and brownie pops (first batch did not go well, but the second batch turned out perfect), and we made chocolate covered strawberries.

She had 2 outfits, one was a very, pretty, pink party dress, she honestly looked like a little doll, the color made her hair look very red and her skin like porcelain. Then after the smash cake, I bathed her and put an Owl shirt and a tutu on her. I cannot wait to take some good pictures of her in both outfits!


She was very much a lady with her smash cake, she barely made a mess at all. It might have been because the cake was cold, so the icing was a bit hard, I had to push her hands into it to get her going, but the bath to clean her up was very quick. I remember, Garrett was covered head to toe in frosting! She did like the cake, but was very neat about eating it.

As for the day of the party, it was insanely gorgeous! I believe the high ended up being 75, it was just perfect. For some reason, we had a ton of people no show on the day of her party. I did not ask people to RSVP, so I guess that's my fault. I did get some last minute cancellations due to sickness and funerals (those I completely understand!!!), but in a way, it turned out good. There were not a lot of kids and I think that was better for Payton. I'm still bummed that some people still haven't even bothered to call or email or acknowledge her birthday, but that's their loss, not mine!

People are already asking me if I'll go all out for her birthday next year, all out? probably not, but I did have a lot of fun with the decorations and the food, so maybe something on a smaller scale.

I hope Payton had a great time at her birthday because I know we all did!!


No comments:

Post a Comment