Saturday, February 20, 2010

Big Brother


I am trying to capture some of Garrett's "big brother" moments as well as Payton's "baby moments". So, here are some things Garrett has said or done that we've all had to laugh at:

He stayed with Melissa while I was in labor and she took him to buy Payton a present, he picked out a stuffed, pink doll. Every time she cries he runs and gets the doll and tries to give it to her.

He is very curious, so of course he wanted to know all about me nursing. I explained that babies get their milk from their momma's, and he said from their boobs and I said yes. Well, she was crying hard one day and wouldn't latch on, he asked what was wrong and I said she just doesn't seem to want momma's milk and he lifted his shirt and said, try my boob!

He was a bit confused about her being his sister. I was reading books one night and he told me to tell Grandpa to put "his brother down and come pat pat", I said Payton is your sister and he said she is like my brother, I said well, i guess she is like a brother but no, she is your sister. He just sighed at me!!

He does love her and I am so thrilled. We'll see if this lasts for the weeks to come, but for now he is very concerned when she cries. If she squeaks or makes noise, he asks what it is. He loves to give her kisses and rub on her, he is VERY gentle with her.

I was concerned he'd be upset this morning when she was laying in bed with me, so I asked if he wanted me to put her in the bassinet and he said no and laid down next to her and we all laid there together, it was so sweet!!

No comments:

Post a Comment