Payton is 1 week old today, she hasn't changed too much, but there's a few things that shows she's a bit older.
She is nursing SO much better. Her color is a lot better. She is awake a bit more, still mainly just eats and sleeps, although she seems to enjoy rocking at about 2am. She hates her sponge baths and her diaper changes, but loves to cuddle up with you. She likes her bouncer & seems to like the pacifier, after crying for 2 hours the other night, she took it and seems to enjoy it. She also burps, farts, and snorts like nothing I've ever heard! Oh, and she's been trying to hold her head up since Thursday! She looks like a little turtle when she stretches her neck out.
Garrett still loves her, he gives her tons of kisses and is very gentle with her. He is still trying to understand the nursing, he thinks she is eating my boob, lol.
As for me, I'm feeling great, amazing what an easier delivery will do for you. I know i'm not 100% healed, but I feel so much better at this point then I did with Garrett. I ended up gaining 31.5 pounds, as of this morning I had lost 17 of those! I have had some pain in my tailbone and back, but after a trip to the Chiro today, even those are barely hurting.
Happy 1 week birthday to my little China Doll.


No comments:
Post a Comment