Thursday, February 4, 2010

35 week checkup

I had my 35 week checkup yesterday. Things went well, she said I'm measuring right at 35 weeks, I somehow managed to only gain 1 pound! So, I have gained 23 pounds, according to her scale :) My BP was good, almost no swelling, which is good. I do have another bladder infection, which is not good. It can cause early labor, so I'm trying to take it easy while the antibiotics work. She is now saying, just by looking at me, that she thinks I'll deliver sometime between 37 & 38 weeks! Every time I go it's different, but she said the baby is in position, it's already dropped, so whenever the contractions start, it will be go time :) she will examine me next week, and after that i'll probably go twice a week so she can keep a closer eye on me. Her goal is if I'm dilating, she's going to try and help things along naturally, if that doesn't work, then she'll induce. So, I'm really sorry to everyone who is trying to plan when they will come, but it's any ones guess!!

I spoke to my BC/BS nurse this morning, she said I need to get my bags packed, the babies bag (bought) & packed and a bag for Garrett. She said technically my labor with G was 5.5 hours, since your second is usually half that, she's very concerned this baby will come fast. So, if I have to take G to the hospital, then so be it. I also need to find a back up ride to the hospital, she reminded me that I could go into labor while I'm home alone. When I mentioned that sometimes Matt works an hour or more away, she said I definitely need a backup ride, I can't drive myself! I think we've been so focused on me being induced that we all forgot this baby may come on it's own at any time!!

I will be 36 weeks tomorrow, the baby is full term at 37 weeks, so it, quite, honestly, can happen at any time! Maybe not until 40 weeks, maybe at 36 weeks, no way to know.

So, today I am going to take inventory and see what else needs to be bought to bring him or her home. And I guess I'll pack a couple bags, just in case :)

No comments:

Post a Comment