We had a bit of a strange Saturday, it started out just fine, Matt headed off to work, the kids and I straightened up the house and then played. Garrett had a birthday party from 1:30-3:30 and Matt had planned on helping Josh out at the Wounded Warrior event at the Mobley Ranch, so Maryanne was going to stay with Payton while she napped. Then, about noon, Payton started acting strange, she'd kind of jump, scream, pull at her diaper and yell Poo Poo. I started to think she was constipated, but she had pooped twice already so I knew that wasn't the case, and when I changed her she was practically dry and had no rash. I wasn't sure what to think, but after about 30 minutes of this going on, I thought, oh no, she has a bladder infection! I called her pediatrician who is open 7 days a week, but for some unknown reason they were closed, so I got an after hours nurse, and based on her symptoms, the nurse agreed, and said we needed to have her seen that day. But, we had the birthday party, so I momentarily panicked, then decided she desperately needed a nap anyways, so I laid her down and Garrett and I took off to the party. While we were there I called two different urgent care clinics, one was $125, the other $50. I choose the one that only charged $50. I was very specific in that she was 2, and was not potty trained, and they said no problem, bring her in. When we arrived, they said, she has to pee in a cup, uhm, what part of she's not potty trained did you guys not understand?!?! So, we went back and forth, should I take her to the ER? Should we wait until morning and hope that UPA could test her? Finally, the Dr came out and asked if I thought she might possible pee in this hat thing. They agreed to not charge me and I could stay as long as I wanted, and if we got a sample, then they'd put her in the system. I had given her a full cup of watered down juice on the way over and we gave her another cup of water and then every 5 minutes we went and sat on the potty, and then it happened! She peed in the potty!! All the nurses and even some of the people in the waiting room cheered for her, it was hilarious! Turns out she did have a urinary tract infection, most likely from bubble bath :-( With kids, apparently these can get really bad, really fast, so to not take any chances, they gave her a shot as well as an oral antibiotic. Let me tell you, the shot was horrible!!! It was this huge, thick shot, they split it into 2 syringes and injected it in both of her legs at the same time, I held down her arms and another nurse her legs and that baby girl SCREAMED. She was sweating, I was sweating, it was horrifying. The youngest nurse had tears in her eyes, it was just plain awful. We had to wait 15 min to make sure she didn't have an allergic reaction and every time she'd get up to walk, she'd cry and grab her leg. My poor, poor baby!
Yes, I've thrown all bubble bath away, I do not want her to ever have to endure that again!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment