Tuesday, February 21, 2012

My birthday

My birthday was Saturday, no I didn't intentionally plan the kids party on my birthday, it just happened to be the day the snake lady was available.  In reality, it was fine.  I think it's harder when you are an adult, birthday's are for kids.  I've had some years where I've had big expectation and been disappointed.  This year, I had a house full of people, and the pressure was off :-)  A few people said Happy Birthday to me, most people didn't even realize it was my birthday and I was perfectly fine with that. 
My phone pretty much died on Thursday, I'd been having trouble with it for months, Matt says I just wear it out using it so much!  Anyways, Matt surprised me with a new phone on Friday night and I was thrilled!  My parents gave me some birthday money, and I bought some rain boots.  I know it's silly, but I love them!  Of course, that means it won't rain for months now!  I have some money left over and I'll most likely use it to get a hair cut since I haven't done that since July of last year!  Heather helped me color my hair Saturday, before the party, to cover my grays.  It's the second time we did it, and I picked the wrong color!  I wanted a dark brown, well I got it, it's practically black!  I'll have to be more careful next time.  Maybe it's time to work my way back to being blond, lol!  Anyways, I'm glad I was able to share my birthday with the kids on their special day.

No comments:

Post a Comment