Saturday, February 4, 2012
Rain!!
Wow, did we have a crazy rain storm last night! I heard we got 4 inches of rain in just a couple of hours. We've been in a severe drought, so 4 inches is amazing, but wow, did it come down hard and fast!! We decided to go out to eat at On the Border, and it started raining just as we pulled in. We ate and it was raining harder and harder, we ended up ordering dessert, just because we had no desire to leave! Matt kept checking on his phone and it didn't look like it was going to let up anytime soon. I needed a birthday gift, so we decided to go over to Barnes and Nobles, in the same parking lot. I parked right in front. Anyone from B/CS knows that parking lot is bad in the rain! Well, we'd been there awhile when I heard the hail, big, huge hail. Then I heard people talking of tornadoes, where was Matt? Standing outside watching the rain, lol! The parking lot was literally a river, cars were in the water up past their doors, a few trucks even got flooded out, that's how bad it dips and floods right there. One employee burst into tears, her car was one that was practically floating away. I seriously doubt she drove that home last night, it might not run today. I have no idea how those things work, so it may never be driveable again, I just don't have any idea, but it will definitely have water damage inside! At 8:00, we decided we needed to get home, Payton was just miserable and the rain still wasn't letting up. We drove home, pretty slow, not to slow to get stuck but the water was high in some spots. Thankfully, our house is on a little incline, and we're at the top, but the houses at the end of our street were looking dangerously close to having water damage. It rained, and thundered and lightened for at least another hour. We finally got Payton to sleep about 9, in her bed, Matt opted to stay on the couch, for 2 reasons. One he wanted to be close to Payton in case we did have to take cover, and he wanted to be able to watch the news. So, Garrett slept with me. We knew there was a second round coming at 3am, so we were a bit anxious about that. It hit right at 2:45, a hug clap of thunder woke me up. Garrett slept through it all! Payton woke up but never cried, she talked and I heard her playing. That storm raged on for awhile but I'm honestly not sure how long, I fell asleep and woke up a few times. I figured everyone would sleep in, but nope, Garrett up at his usual 7, Payton up early at 7! Driving around today, I saw a lot of damage, lots of trees down and flooding. I saw quite a few of those emergency crews out, the ones that dry out your house. I felt for those familes. There were even a few stop lights still out. I believe it's passed. I think we may get more rain this afternoon, but nothing like yesterday! Oh, I even read that police were rescuing people in boats, in boats!!! Craziness!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment