My baby is 2! I can hardly believe it, time does just fly by. Unfortunately, on her actual birthday (last Thursday, the 16th), Matt and I had to wake up super early and drive to Houston, so we were not with her when she woke up. But, my parents had flown in on Tuesday, so they were here and Garrett was off school that day, so they sang to her and made her day special. We got home about 12 and were able to give her lots of hugs and kisses before her nap. After dinner, we each had a cupcake and sang to her again, she couldn't stop smiling. For her birthday, we got her an Elmo book, Elmo is her favorite right now, the book was all about the Itsy Bitsy spider, it was a lift-the-flap book and had buttons that made noise, that girl was so excited, it was just precious!
My mom and I took cookies up to her class on Wednesday, so her classmates could sign. I was going to take balloons too, but it was pouring all day and the idea of getting from the store to the car with balloons just didn't appeal to me at all. We got to her class in time for lunch, and it was cute watching all the kids eat and stare at us, trying to figure out who we were and why we were there.
Payton is such a sweet girl, we'll see what happens as this year progresses, but so far, we've seen very few temper tantrums. She's extremely active, she just doesn't sit still! She still sleeps easily and well. Bedtime is about 8, she wakes about 8 and typically naps anywhere from 2-3 hours. She is talking a bunch, not a lot of long sentences, but at least 50 words, I'd say. She just started saying "I love you to the moon and back", it sounds something like "love, moon, back", but we know exactly what she's saying. She's starting to role play with her dolls a lot and that's a lot of fun to watch. She loves to read, it took a while, but in the last few months we've seen a major increase in her desire to sit and read with us, of course, it's the same books over and over again, but we love it anyways. She's showing some signs of readiness to potty train, but I'm not rushing it. I think she'll do better if we wait until summer, so for now, if she wants to sit on it, I let her, but we don't push it. She did get some panties for her birthday, but she insists on wearing a diaper under them, lol. She is still a great eater, I know this will probably change, I remember that Garrett used to be a great eater too, and now he's super picky. She loves her big brother, she will hug and kiss on him for no reason, he loves it, so that's been fun to watch. She loves the water, and loves to be outside! When it rains for a few days and she's stuck inside, she's practically crying about going outside.
We love our little peanut and cannot wait to see what the next year holds for her, although I will miss my baby!!


No comments:
Post a Comment