Yesterday, the ac quit on us :-( I noticed it was a bit warm in the morning, but I didn't give it too much thought. We went grocery shopping and grabbed some lunch, everyone fell asleep for a late afternoon nap, and I woke up SO hot. Matt commented on it too, we laid for a little while longer watching tv and I realized I was just overheating so badly, so I got up and checked, it was 86 in the house, by the time both kids woke up it was 88. We debated on what to do, and after thinking about 2 whiny kids all night, we started calling around and found a good deal on a hotel room with a pool, I packed in about 15 minutes and we were out the door.
I knew it'd be an interesting night, one king bed and only one room. I wasn't so worried about Garrett, but more so about Payton. About 8:30, I laid her in her crib, she did not cry but kept waving at us and I could tell she wasn't going to go to sleep while the tv was on, no matter how quiet it was. About 8:45, G asked us if he could go to sleep, so we gave in and turned off the tv and bam, both kids were out in minutes! Of course, that meant we had to go to sleep too, so with G hogging the bed between us, we all managed to get some sleep. Matt went in to work a little late, just so he wouldn't wake them both at 5:30, but still P slept from 9-7, normally she sleeps from 8-8, so I knew she'd be tired.
We did get to swim after eating dinner, and that was fun, the first time Matt's seen how great both kids are swimming, I think it helped tire them out for the night too. Sadly, we had to leave today before we were able to swim again. As I sit here sweating, I'm dreaming of that cool water.....
We came home to meet the a/c guy (we are waiting on him now), it's a cool 86 in here, but P was just miserable, so I laid her down, she seems to have fallen asleep! Even though she hasn't taken a morning nap in months, but I guess when your tired, your tired.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment