Tuesday, August 16, 2011

18 months

Today is Payton's 18 month "birthday"! I am amazed, daily, at this girl.

She is much more physical then Garrett ever was, she climbs on everything. The other day, we got home from the pool, with McD's, and I ran to change, came back and she was sitting in the middle of the kitchen table trying to eat my hamburger! Yep, our biggest battle right now is keeping her off the kitchen table!

She doesn't talk a ton, or I should say, she talks a ton, but we can't understand much. She says:
here you are
thank you
momma
daddy
her version of Garrett
bing bong
right here
she mimics our sounds a lot, if Garrett makes a dinosaur growling noise, she does too. It's very cute.

She doesn't say no much, but she shakes her head and gets her point across, lol!

She is still a great sleeper, she goes to bed about 7:30 and wakes between 7 & 8, then naps for about 3 hours in the afternoon.

She is still a good eater, but is getting pickier, she used to be a huge breakfast eater, now she picks at it, but will eat a bigger snack, so I just make sure the snack is healthy. She loves canned veggies, personally, I think they are gross, but she will eat them up and prefers them at room temperature, blech!

She is starting to pull at her diaper and if you ask if she wants it changed, she will take your hand and pull you to her changing table, she's even brought me a diaper a couple times and when I've changed her she's pooped. I'm hoping this is a sign that potty training will be easy!

She still loves shoes, she picks out which pair she wants to wear and there's very little room for discussion. Today, I was cleaning up and picked up all her shoes and put them away, and she was SO mad!

She will help you clean up, she understands a lot, if you ask her to take something to Garrett or Daddy, she does. She likes to help you sweep and pick up toys, I hope this continues :-)

At night, if she's pretty whiny, we'll ask if she wants to go to bed, and she will take your hand and pull you right to her crib, she tried to climb in it for Matt the other night.

We don't go to the Dr until next Friday, so I'll have "stats" for you then. And hopefully, a picture later today :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment