Friday, August 26, 2011

Rain!

Yes, it finally rained, and not once, but twice! It started on Wednesday night, it got super, crazy windy. Payton kept falling over it was so windy, and then it sprinkled and I got a bit nervous that the wind was blowing the storm right over us and then it started pouring! We were all outside watching it, we could hear the thunder and see the lightening before the rain hit. Once it started raining the kids were running around the yard. Since it rained in Michigan, about a month ago, I think Payton remembered it, but she still giggled like crazy. Garrett insisted on wearing a jacket, to keep his shirt dry. Mind you, it was still probably 90 out. When the lightening got a bit too close for comfort, we made the kids come in and boy was Payton not happy about it! Why I didn't take any pictures I have no idea, maybe I was just so shocked it had rained. In case you aren't familiar with Texas's current drought situation, I believe it's the worst drought since 1916 or something insane like that. It's also almost the hottest summer, so rain is a HUGE deal for us.

Well, I woke up Thursday and thought what is that odd sound, it was rain. Not a hard downpour like the night before, but it rained for about 6 hours I'd say, off and on being heavy, mostly just a light drizzle, but the kids slept in SO late, probably because it was overcast. All that rain also meant the temp stayed down, I remember at noon, it was 79 degrees out, that's huge! By 5, it was close to 100 again, so it didn't last.

Here's hoping we get some more rain!

Oh, and the sweetest thing ever was when we were driving around (thursday), Garrett said I bet the trees and grass and flowers are so happy that God made it rain, Thank you God :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment