Let's do a little dance, yippee, yahoo, yee haw!! I am happy to report that Garrett is now staying dry at nap time :-) Seems like such a little thing, but it really isn't. One, it saves me some money, but two, he's so excited and proud!
It all started in early July, when I kind of just had enough. G has always wanted milk to drink while we read stories, a full cup of milk. Since I had decided to do away with sippy cups, this just wasn't possible anymore. So, we talked about it, had a little countdown and on the first day, he was fairly excited, even more so when he woke up dry. The second day didn't go quite as smooth, he cried, wanted his cup, I refused to give in, but he was excited when he woke up dry. After that, he was fine with it. we stuck with diapers for a couple weeks, just in case, but most days he was waking up dry. Then at Grandma and Grandpa's, Grandpa put G down for a nap one day and forgot to put a diaper on, he woke up dry and hasn't looked back since. Some days he still takes a 3 hour nap and still he wakes up dry.
Nighttime is not so successful, we haven't started trying no diaper, but he wakes up with a full diaper every single night, so I'm not even tempted to try that yet. I'll wait until he shows more signs of readiness, I have no desire to be changing sheets in the middle of the night or washing them daily. I know, I'm a bit lazy, I'll admit it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment