We've run down batteries in both the bouncer and swing, but batteries are cheap if it keeps her from crying!
She had her first, real, bath yesterday. She cried at first, but it didn't take long for her to relax and enjoy it. Surprisingly, it did not help her sleep last night, she fussed from 8-11:30 :(
Her absolute favorite spot to sleep is on my chest. I am guilty of letting her nap there in the afternoons, it gives me an excuse to nap too. But, she has spent a few nights on my chest too. not my first choice, but momma needs to sleep too!
Oh, and she's discovered her fist/thumb. She doesn't always like it, she prefers the paci, but I did get a picture of her with her thumb in her mouth, and it was so super cute!
Garrett is very intrigued by the nursing/pumping, I'm trying to remember a few things he's said recently: he told me his boobs are big now and he has milk for Payton too! One day she wasn't latching on and he lifted his shirt and told me to try his boob!, then the other day he was asking about the milk, I said only momma's have milk for their babies and he said he had juice in his boobs for her! and then he told me he'd take his teeth off so he could drink my milk and then asked how to take his teeth off! I am pumping more then nursing her, so last night, they both laid on my lap, one on each leg and i held their cups/bottles for them. He wants to be a big boy, but still wants to be babied too.
As for me, now that she isn't screaming for hours, I feel like I'm getting my sanity back, still pretty sleep deprived, but that will last for a few more months! I am sitting at 21 pounds lost, I am trying to wear regular clothes, but I don't have much in any other sizes, so I'm not much better off then I was when I was pregnant. But, I am very happy with the weight loss, nice and slow and steady. The weather is so much nicer so now we can start getting outside and I can start walking again too. I am 10 pounds away from pre-pregnancy weight :)


No comments:
Post a Comment