Here are some photos of Payton on her 1 month birthday! She is much more alert now, she spends more time awake, which is a lot of fun. Unfortunately, she also still spends a lot of time crying. She fights going to sleep, so she cries for a bit at each nap :( Bedtime last night was especially brutal, she was awake off and on from 4:30 to 11:30. That is just too long for a 1 month old! But, she is SO strong, it amazes me. She is holding her head up for longer periods of time, and will even try to push herself up when I put her on her tummy. She still has her little stump, so still only sponge baths for her! I didn't weigh her today but I'm guessing she's over 8 pounds, she is fitting into her newborn clothes very well, she might be able to wear some 0-3 month stuff, but I haven't tried yet.
Matt and I went to the Houston Rodeo to see Toby Keith on Friday night, so she got her first bottles and she did well, she didn't seem too sure when I tested and gave her one in the afternoon, but after a bit she gulped that milk right down. It's nice to know that we can go out and relax knowing she'll take a bottle. I believe she cried the entire time we were gone, so I'm not sure our babysitters will come back!! lol
She enjoys the stroller, I've been trying to take her for stroller rides now that it's warmer out, she sleeps most of the time! She slept through her first trip to the park, Target and Walmart. Guess she's not much of a shopper, yet!
Garrett just loves holding her and he still wants to give her kisses and he says, "I love you, Payton", a lot. Which is good, considering how much she cries and he has to wait for me to do something with her!
I'm doing good, holding steady at 20 pounds lost. The weather was gorgeous yesterday so we went to the park and then last night I took Payton for a nice walk, and today I'm hurting, guess 4 weeks isn't enough to start exercising again :(
Happy 1 month Birthday, peanut!


No comments:
Post a Comment