Tuesday, March 9, 2010

3 weeks old

Payton is 3 weeks old today. Because she has been SCREAMING for hours daily and nightly, she had a Dr's appt today, so I know that she weighs 7lbs 14 ozs. It turns out that she suffers from acid reflux and that would explain why the last week has been pure misery for us all. She was not nursing well, spitting up badly, and crying, and crying, and crying, for hours on end at night. Thanks to some of my mommy friends I was convinced to take her to the Dr and he didn't have the slightest doubt what was wrong with her. So far today she's had 2 doses of Prevacid, and it's amazing how quiet it is right now in the house! Our stress level has gone way down. She slept a lot today, I imagine that's from crying for 7 hours straight last night! At 11, I put her in the car and she finally fell asleep. She has been awake and alert this afternoon, the past week she's either been eating, crying or sleeping, so this is a huge relief.
Her little stump still has not fallen off, so we are still doing sponge baths, the Dr put medicine on it again today and said if it's not off by next week, we'll have to take her in again for that.

Garrett is doing great with her, he loves to kiss and hold her. He had a couple days where he couldn't seem to make it to the potty at all, but he's back on track now.

My Dr's appt last week went good. It was just a post partum check up, I guess I passed :) As of this morning I've lost 20 pounds, only 12 more to go (plus 10 from G!!), i may have dropped a bit because I was so stressed over Payton so that may come back up. The weather is getting nicer so maybe we can actually go for some walks soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment