Monday, March 22, 2010

MDO

Today Garrett started at Mother's Day Out at Powersports. After last week, Matt and I agreed that it was time for him to go to school, he needs attention that I just can't give him with Payton being so needy right now. MDO is perfect, it's from 9-2, twice a week, so it gives him some structure and me some down time. Of course, now that Payton's meds are working, things aren't so bad, but MDO is only through May, and by then, Payton will be more in a routine and I will have more time for Garrett again.

As for Payton, her belly button stump FINALLY fell off, 1 day shy of 5 weeks old, it was stubborn, so now she can have real baths, I'm hoping to give her one tonight, I think Garrett will really like that. I need to weigh her, but she has grown out of the nb diapers. I don't think she's quite ready for 0-3 month clothes yet, I put one outfit on her yesterday and she was just swimming in it, so I'm guessing she's probably right at 8 pounds or so.

I started pumping on Saturday, with her reflux, she was really tugging and pulling at me and I was so sore, it was pure agony, so after talking to the lactation consultant at her Dr's office and a couple other moms, I decided to try pumping and giving her a bottle. I still nurse her at night, she latches on better in the middle of the night and the idea of getting up and pumping at 2am just seemed too much to me. The meds really seem to be working, she is not nearly as fussy and she isn't spitting up as much.

Tomorrow she'll be 5 weeks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment