Saturday, January 1, 2011

NYE

Everyone kept asking me what we were doing on NYE and I kept saying nothing, but that wasn't really the truth. As Matt & I laid on the couch listening to the kids chase each other, I realized I was exactly where I wanted to be. Payton was crawling as fast as she could after Garrett and then they'd switch and Garrett would chase after her and they were giggling SO hard. It was the most beautiful sound in the world.

We just didn't go out for New Year's, maybe that was a better answer. We stayed in and enjoyed the last day of 2010 as a family, and seeing as 2010 made us a family of 4, it just seemed fitting to spend it all together. As I laid Payton down and kissed her sweet cheeks and the same with Garrett, I knew, just knew that 2011 was going to be a much better year for us. 2010 was a hard year, and maybe I tend to remember the bad more then the good, but it felt like a very difficult year, so I'm hoping and praying that 2011 will be better. Maybe it will be only because 2010 made us stronger and more able to deal with the trials of life. But, I know that we are all together, we are all healthy, and we're going to survive just fine.

So, come on 2011, we're ready for you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment