Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Birthday's

Well, our busy month of birthday's is fast approaching! For those that may not remember, Garrett's 4th birthday is February 1, Payton's 1st is February 16, mine is February 18, throw in our 6th wedding anniversary on February 12, and Valentine's Day and well, February is a VERY busy month!

I promised myself I'd get through Christmas before I started worrying/planning the parties. I'm already knee deep into planning Garrett's, I went back and forth and finally settled on a Star Wars theme. He is OBSESSED with Star Wars, but I also feel he's just way too young. Then I stumbled on this website and there were tons of ideas for little kids Star Wars parties, so I really got excited. We are going to host a Jedi Knight Training Camp. He can wear his Halloween costume, I'm borrowing a Yoda costume for Payton. I'm going to make these super simple Jedi Knight costumes and light sabers out of pool noodles (if I can find them in January!!), and duct tape, and we will have an obstacle course set up for the kids to "train" on. I am SO excited and really hope the weather cooperates, if not, I'm trying to plan things for inside too. I've even secured a Chewbacca to come and make a guest appearance (thanks "uncle" Josh)!! I think G will be out of his mind. I've told him a little bit and everyday he asks if it's time for his party yet.

As for little Miss Payton, I really want to do an Owl theme. Being that it's her first party, there won't be much in the line of games, I hope the older kids aren't bored! Maybe I need to reconsider that...... Anyways, I've found some designs for ADORABLE owl cakes and I'm just really loving the idea. I'm still just gathering ideas for hers, I think I need to get through G's party first!

I'm going to do G's party the weekend before his birthday and Payton's the weekend after. I'm apologizing in advance, since a lot of the same people will be coming to both parties! But, I'm just not very into the idea of making them share a party. I'll see how this year goes and maybe I'll reconsider it next year. And for those who care, I wanted P to be a fall baby!! I almost, well, I think I did cry, when the Dr told me her due date, lol!!

No comments:

Post a Comment