So far today she's been ok. Wish me and her luck, please!
Thursday, January 13, 2011
Acid Reflux
Payton was diagnosed with acid reflux a LONG time ago, maybe at about 4 or 5 weeks. That first 8 weeks of her life was pure misery for us. But, she has been on Prevacid (which the insurance company refused to pay for, so we had to switch her to Zantac), and Bethanacol since she was 2 months old. The zantac is 3 times a day, the bethanacol is supposed to be 4 times a day, but a long time ago, I switched it to only 3 times a day. Probably not quite as effective, but since it has to be refrigerated, I was a prisoner in my own home, trying to be here to dispense it. Over the last 9 months, we've steadily increased her dosages as she gets bigger. Well, rather then being better at it, I've become very forgettable about the meds!! This past week, every day, I've accidentally forgotten to give her one dose of meds, but you know what?!?! She hasn't been spitting up!! So, yesterday, I emailed the nurse at her ped's office and she said, that I could just cut that one dose out and since it had been a few days I could go ahead and cut a second dose out and see how she does, so we may be weaning her off all thse reflux meds, FINALLY!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment